Welcome to our School Council
Welcome to the School Council
The School Council at St William’s represent the pupil voice of the school community. They are an essential pillar in the democracy of the school and are given the capacity to implement real changes and officiate whole school events.
Each year, pupils run electoral campaigns in the first term and make promises to their year group about what they would do to improve the quality of life in the school community which is a great opportunity to discuss the importance of democracy as part of our British values.
The elected Council in then made up of two representatives from each class. and meet regularly throughout the school year with a delegated member of staff. These sessions are pupil-led. The Council discusses recent issues as put forward by their constituents, and plan whole school events.
The School Council Vision Statement is as follows:
- Our school council works together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible.
- We aim to make pupils to feel comfortable, happy and safe at school.
- We shall work hard to make our world a better place
- We want to improve our school by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- We aim to listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place.